Thursday, February 2, 2012

Designer Cuts Anniversary Card

Hello Stamp Friends!

Today I made another card using the Designer Cuts cards from the new Occasions Mini. I made this one for my parents anniversary. I got the idea for the Basic Rhinestones from Monica Weaver's blog here. (Thanks for the inspiration, Monica!)

I chose to use Cherry Cobbler and when I stamped the sentiment the first time, it was right onto the card. It came out too light, so I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to try and make it darker, but I didn't realize that I got ink on the imaging sheet, which made a small smudge on the card. Darn it!!!! LOL! So I decided to cover it up with the Modern Label punch using Cherry Cobbler card stock and then stamped the sentiment again on Very Vanilla card stock. I punched it out with the Word Window punch and you can't even tell that a mistake was made. I love the way this turned out:)


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Designer Cuts cards, Cherry Cobbler  & Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Other: Punches (Modern Label & Word Window) Fashionable Hearts Embosslits die, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, Trinket Key, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for coming by and have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! This is one of my favorite products in the new mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really very lovely card! The Cherry Cobbler design of the card very nice and attractive for all. Ribbon, key and heart style so cute and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!