Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Simply Created Merry Little Christmas share

Good Morning Stamp Friends!

Today I would like to share a card that I made using the Merry Little Christmas Simply Sent Kit. Here's what the card looks like if you use the suggested stamp set.



And here's what I made with the kit:


Since I send out more than 100 Christmas Cards each year, I decided to purchase some of these kits to make life a little easier, but I wanted to put my own twist on it. I added a Real Red base layer and used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to emboss the Coastal Cabana layer. I cut the stripped DSP (Designer Series Paper) in half and added a Real Red layer behind it as well. I used the "Wishing You" stamp instead of the "Merry Little Christmas" stamp set, because I wanted an image on the front, instead of just a sentiment. I added a Basic Rhinestone to the stamped image and added the Designer Button and Baker's Twine that came with the kit. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. By cutting the DSP in half, I can stretch out the supplies to make more cards. I just have to use my own card stock and improvise a little with the white layer that the image is stamped on. You could use the Apothecary Accents, Ovals Collection or even the Deco Labels Framelits to stamp the main image on. What do you think?

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Wishing You
Paper: Real Red card stock
Ink: Real Red and Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Markers
Other: Merry Little Christmas Simply Sent kit, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones & Stampin' Dimensionals©

Please note that I'm doing a Blog Candy Give-A-Way. You must enter by Sunday night by leaving a comment on the Blog Candy post. 

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!