Wednesday, October 9, 2013

BLOG CANDY!!! Yippee-Skippee! It's my Stampin' Anniversary!

Hello Stamp Friends!

October 1st made 4 years since I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. I found Stampin' Up! at a time in my life when I was still trying to adjust from working the same full-time job for over 18 years, to being a stay-at-home mom. Don't get me wrong, I was so fortunate to be able to be home with my little ones when they needed me most, but after a while, I started to feel like I had lost touch with the outside world and felt like I was losing my identity. One day I got a card from a friend and I remember being intrigued by the look of embossing and immediately contacted my friend to see how she did it. She suggested I go to the Stampin' Up! website and look for a demonstrator in my area. That's when I found Becky (September 2006). I called her and went to her house the very next day. She showed me how to emboss and that was pretty much all she wrote! I was hooked! I remember placing an order and even remember the first stamp set I ordered! It was Trick or Treat! I remember stopping by Becky's to pick up my order during her stamp club. I met Joyce and she was so friendly. She asked me if I thought about joining Becky's club. She explained how it worked and I went that very next month. I made so many new friends and was in her club for 3 years. Becky asked me now and then about becoming a demonstrator and explained that I could be saving a lot of money. I sat down one day and added up my receipts and after seeing how much money I could have saved, it made sense for me to at least join for the discount. 

After becoming a demonstrator, I was able to attend demo only events, which brought me so many friendships. I did an Open House, a class and a Stamp-A-Stack that year and my confidence grew. I was so excited about what I was doing and it showed in every aspect of my life. I had my first recruit in 2010 and I attended my first Stampin' Up! Convention in 2011. It was the first time I went on a vacation alone. Well, I wasn't really alone! I went with my first recruit, Cathleen and I knew some other stampers that attended. It was a liberating experience and I had the best time ever!!! In 2012, I had my second recruit, TJ and the three of us all went to the Convention this year. We all had a great time!

I'm so thrilled being a part of the Stampin' Up! family! I love their products and I'm still as excited today as I was the day I learned to emboss. I love getting together with my Upline, downline, stamp friends and customers. I treasure the friendships I've made and the great times I've had.

Well, in celebration of my 4th Anniversary, I'm doing a Blog Candy Give-a-way! All you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite things are about Stampin' Up! For me, it's the artwork and how everything coordinates. You have until Sunday night to leave your comment. I will announce the winner on Monday morning. (Unfortunately, you must live in the United States to enter as I can't ship merchandise overseas. Sorry:(


The winner will receive this brand-new Clear-mount stamp set...Yippee Skippee! Be sure to check back Monday morning to see if you're the winner. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary!! I just love the colors....and how the products match! Makes creating so easy! I am on my tenth year, so I wish you success and many more years with SU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    congratulations for your anniversary. I like it how things match.
    Kind regards

    Nicole G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole- Please contact me. You are the blog candy winner! Julie

      Delete
  3. Even though I only live in the States part-time I wanted to send a "big" congrats your way for your anniversary! Your story is amazing and I can hear the joy in your words. Each accomplishment along the way, venturing into stamping, meeting new friends, attending stamp club, meeting more friends, gaining downline, and participating with upline, going to convention...............whew! what a time you've had. So again congrats. While embossing did it for you my big wow to begin with was the coordinating cardstock, inks and markers............and guess what, it's still the same WOW! Love Stampin Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!