Thursday, November 20, 2014

Where do you go for inspiration?

Hello Stamp Friends!

Where do you go for inspiration? I find inspiration everywhere, but lately I've been spending some time on Pinterest and have found the most adorable things to make for the holidays. The first thing I found that I went crazy over was this Elf Fry Box made by Candace Pelfrey. I knew I wanted to make it, but I had to improvise, because I didn't have the same papers she used. I did however, have some retired papers that I thought would work.


I started by cutting the entire Fry Box design using Old Olive card stock. Next, I measured the inside section of the back of the box and cut my DSP and adhered it to the inside using the Adhesive Transfer Sheets. For the polka dots on the inside of the box, I used the retired DSP Polka Dot Parade in Old Olive. Then I did the same thing for the front of the box using the Brights DSP Patterns Stack, again in Old Olive, which came from the 2012-2013 Catalog. I made the collar by cutting out the front of the box using Whisper White card stock and the Big Shot. I left about a half inch at the top and then drew the zig-zags using a ruler, so the lines would be straight. After cutting it out, I added it to the fry box with Stampin' Dimensionals©. I added Mini Jingle Bells (which are also retired, but you shouldn't have any problem finding them at the local craft store this time of the year:) with glue dots.

For the belt, I cut a 6 1/4 x 1/2" piece of black card stock and wrapped it around the sides and cut off the excess. (It does not go around the back side.) For the buckle, I cut a 3/4" strip of silver Foil paper and used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch to round the edges on the right side. Then I put it on my paper trimmer and cut the strip to 3/4". Then I put a tiny bit of adhesive on the back side and stuck it to the edge of another strip of card stock, so I'd have something to hold on to and be able to round the other two sides. I hope I'm explaining this so you can understand.? Then I cut a 1/2 x 1/2" piece of black card stock and put it in the center of the black strip so it would resemble a belt buckle. Isn't it adorable?

I also love how she did the "Elf Poop" circles to put on the bottom of the Hershey Kisses, so I set out to make those too! I haven't done much in My Digital Studio, so it took me a couple days to get it looking and printing the way I wanted it to. I even had a Candy Cane Font to print them in. What do you think?


If you like this project, please be sure to come back tomorrow to see another darling project that I found on Pinterest. 

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!