Friday, January 3, 2014

My 2013 Christmas cards

Good morning stamp friends!

Today I would like to share the cards that I made for Christmas this year. All together I made 130 cards. The first card I made using the Wishing You stamp set and Merry Little Christmas Simply Sent kit. I purchased two of these kits, so I made 24 of them.


Next, I made the cards from the November Paper Pumpkin kit. I thought the kit was great the way that it was, so I only changed two things. I added a Real Red card base and instead of stamping the star in the "O" from NOEL, I punched a star out of the Red Glimmer Paper and attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals. I love the way it turned out. 


My last card, is a combination of this card that I made and brought to a Club that I was a guest at back in November and a card that I saw on one of the blogs that I follow. 


Though I really liked this card, it would have taken forever to emboss 105 of them! I came across this beautiful card from Donna Schafer's blog and fell in love with it! I love the way she made the main image look like a Christmas ornament. I also love how she used the Snowflake embossing folder. I decided to case part of her card. I stamped the main image in Midnight Muse, but I wanted to keep my card base of Midnight Muse and Silver Foil Paper. She used Brushed Silver for the layer behind the main image, so I wound up cutting the background layer from the foil paper layer and covered up that circle with the Snowflake layer. I saved paper that way. For some reason, I got this idea to use the Luminate Ink Pad that I purchased last year, along with a sponge dauber on the snowflakes. That wound up taking forever! It looked really pretty though. I didn't get to mail the cards until December 19th. (I was super upset, because I used to be the person that mailed my cards the day after Thanksgiving.) I did get a ton of comments on them though. Here is the finished card:


Isn't it beautiful? I wish I could get a better photo of it. This photo really doesn't do it justice. Thank you Donna for sharing your beautiful creation. It was one of my favorites this year for sure!

Thanks so much for coming by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see all of the awesome things I made the week before Christmas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!