Monday, January 18, 2010

Valentine's Matchbox Treats

Good Morning!

I'm in the process of getting ready for my very first Open House this weekend. I was planning to make a Valentine's Bag w/Scallops, but I wasn't able to, because the punch wouldn't go up far enough on the cardstock. I didn't think I was going to be able to do this either, but I decided to crease the smallest fold on the box top and then punch. It took a tiny piece off, but that part is folded under, so you can't even see it:)

I used Stampin' Up! Window Sheets to create the window. I cut a piece to fit the box and used a glue dot in all 4 corners and stuck them to the top of the box. I also used a 1" x 3" piece of Sending My Love Designer Series Specialty Paper (talk about making the paper go along way...you can wrap 48 Hershey Nuggets with one 12" x 12" sheet!) I put two glue dots on one of the small ends and wrapped it around the chocolate attaching it to the other end of the paper.

The only problem I had was deciding which ribbon to use! I wrapped the Pretty In Pink Taffeta ribbon around the box front. (the back is hidden, but does not get in the way of the sliding bottom). I originally tried this with the Real Red Striped Grosgrain ribbon, but thought the White in the stripes stood out too much, so I decided to wrap that ribbon around just a portion of the box/heart. Which one do you like more? 


Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Real Red, Pretty In Pink & Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Bix Shot/Dies:Bigz XL Matchbox die
  • Punches: Full Heart & Heart to Heart
  • Ribbon: Pretty In Pink Taffeta & Real Red Striped Grosgrain
  • Other: Window Sheets Medium, Dimensionals & Glue Dots
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day! 
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love the header you made with MDS! You may have to teach me how to do that. The treat box is adorable! Can't decide on the ribbon -- sorry, I like them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!