Thursday, September 4, 2014

Shoebox Swap Card Share

Good Morning Stampers!

I want to apologize for not sharing the cards from the shoebox swap when I said I would last week. There is a very sweet, very cute & very cuddly reason for it! Her name is Addy! When my husband asked me what I wanted for our 25th wedding anniversary, I told him I wanted a puppy and I really thought it would be a good thing for our dog, Tebow. Though my husband really didn't want another dog, he told me to go ahead and look for one. After doing some research, there were only two types of dogs I was interested in. I looked for Lilac Beagles first, but didn't have any luck. They're pretty rare. The other type of Beagle I liked, was the Lemon Beagle. I found her on-line and saw that she wasn't too far away. I contacted the breeder and she was still available, so I drove to North Carolina, which was a 5-hour drive. My father rode with me. The ride there was nice and I got to spend some quality time with my dad. The drive back home wasn't too bad. She slept most of the time and quickly used the potty when we stopped. Here's a photo of my new baby girl! She is 9 weeks old today.


Tebow didn't know what to do with her at first. Every time she went near him, he'd get up and run away. He did want to play with her. They play tug of war and he wins each time, dragging her across the carpet and kitchen floor! Here they are after playing the first night. You can see he kept his distance. 


This next photo was taken a couple days later. They are becoming friends and Tebow is not running, unless they are playing and she's chasing him. They are so cute together. 


Our family has really grown to love her. It's like having a new baby though. She doesn't sleep through the night. I feel like a zombie during the day. I'm so tired. It's actually 3:19 am right now as I'm writing this post. She just fell asleep, so I really should go get in bed. It's a lot harder than I imagined. She runs through the house, tries to chew on cords and isn't potty trained yet. I take her outside at least twice in the middle of the night. We put her in her crate until she cries, then outside I go! Then she's wide awake and then the stampede begins! She starts terrorizing Tebow, chasing him and biting him with those razor sharp baby teeth. Thank goodness he's patient with her. He is a little jealous, but we've been giving him extra special attention, so I think it will get better each day. He's such an awesome dog! 

Ok, so let me share these cards with you, so I can get to bed before she wakes up again! This past Sunday I participated in a Shoebox Swap with our group. Here are the beautiful cards from the swap:


 By: Becky Fredericks

By: Caroline Beane
 By: Judy Goldsborough

By: Melinda Brown

 By: Robin Bowyer

And last is my card:


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Festival of Trees & Christmas Bliss
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White & All is Calm Specialty DSP
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Other: Star Punch, Lost Lagoon Satin Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones & Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!