Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sneak Peak: Sea Street Birthday Card

Hello Stampers!

Today I would like to share a card that I made using the Sea Street Stamp Set, which will be available for order when the New Stampin' Up! Catalog goes live on June 2nd. I chose to make a Flip card using the Circle Card Thinlits. I started with an 8 1/2 x 5 7/8" (because I wanted to have the extra flap) piece of Night of Navy card stock. I then layered the front using the coordinating Maritime DSP. This DSP is so cute. Next, I stamped the Octopus using Coastal Cabana ink and cut him out. I punched a 2 1/2" circle from Real Red card stock and then layered him using Stampin' Dimensionals. Next I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and cut it using the coordinating Bitty Banners Framelits. I placed it so it would look like the Octopus was holding it. I added Rhinestones to make it pop. Next, I stamped the adorable little lobster and punched him out, also layering him with a punched Real Red background. I used Real Red Taffeta ribbon for decoration.


For the inside, I used the Make a Wish stamp from the Perfect Pennants stamp set. I used Whisper White Craft Ink and embossed it using White Stampin' Embossing Powder. Then I stamped the inside layer using the lobster image. I stamped the top first, the bottom second, then the middle and then between each one. It looks pretty darn good, doesn't it? I thought I'd never get them lined up and I didn't even use a Stamp-a-ma-jig! Last, I just added the schools of fish DSP. 


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Sea Street, Perfect Pennants & Itty Bitty Banners 

Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White & Meritime DSP 

Ink: Real Red & Coastal Cabana Classic Ink & Whisper White Craft Ink

Other: Circle Card Thinlins, Bitty Banners Framelits, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Punches (2 1/2", 1 1/4" and 1" Circle punches, White Stampin' Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestones & Stampin' Dimensionals©

I first saw this stamp set when I went to the Stampin' Up! Catalog Launch event and I knew I had to have it. I was hoping it would be part of the pre-order and I'm so glad it was! What do you think? 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope to be back again soon to share a few more items that will be available in the new catalog:) 

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love that little lobster. Nice layout and great fussy cutting. I didn't get this set...yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!