Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2013 Christmas Projects

Good morning stamp friends!

I hope your holiday season was as fun as mine. I was super busy making things for Christmas. My downline and I got together and made some of these darling gift bags. One of the girls brought them to a Club I was a guest at and everyone loved it. I also saw them on Michelle Surette's blog. I believe she was the original designer of it. If you don't follow her blog, you definitely want to! She's one of my favs:)


We also made Gift card holders. The girls wanted to make this one, that I had made at a demo event back in September. They loved the Gift Bow from the Gift Bow die. I didn't have a picture of it in front of me and for some reason I thought the base was Cherry Cobbler and went ahead and cut them out. So they made them like this one, with a Cherry Cobbler base.


I didn't finish mine when we got together and I wanted to do mine a little differently. I really wanted to use the Dasher stamp from the "Best Of Christmas" stamp set. I added some small Basic Rhinestones to his antlers. (Hard to see in the photo.) I also wanted to use real ribbon on mine. I used the retired Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin ribbon. I like the way they turned out.


A couple years ago, I was given one of these Candy Cane Reindeer and I've been wanting to make them for my sons classmates, but never had the time. Aren't they cute? They were very quick to make. I made 30 of them in a couple hours or so.


I was so excited after getting all that stuff done, I didn't stop there! Next, I worked on the kit that I purchased last year and never put together. I shared my kit with one of my downline members, so I only made 5, which was all I needed:)


Next, I worked on the newest kit. Instead of using the large rhinestones in the middle, I used the Frosted Finishes embellishments. I got that idea from my upline, Kathy. Aren't they gorgeous? I had a hard time with the Glimmer Paper snowflake at first, but once I got the handle on it, I flew through them. 


The last thing I made were these ADORABLE mini coffee cups that I saw on one of the blogs I follow. Cindy at Hearts Delight Cards designed these. I thought these were over the top! I cased them 100%, with the exception that I left the ribbon off. I didn't have enough to wrap around all of the cups, but they still turned out super cute and the recipients went crazy over them!!! The tops were made just like the snowflakes in the Snowflake ornament kit. 


I hope you've enjoyed seeing these projects. Sorry I'm so late sharing them. I apologize for the terrible photos. I took these photos with my iPad mini as I finished each project. I didn't realize the iPad mini didn't have a flash when I bought it:( Oh well. I still love it:) LOL!!! I just need to remember to use my good camera when sharing things on my blog.

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!