Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Good morning Stamp Friends!

I'm so happy to have a post for you today. I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after Christmas. I made so many Christmas cards, I needed a serious break after the holidays. I finally made it back into my craft room the last week of January, as I was invited to stamp with some friends and I also joined a swap. (I will be back to share those cards/projects later.)

Today I would like to share the Valentine's that I made for my two sons classmates. I saw these adorable 3 x 3 cards on Wendy Hawkinson's blog, Got Rubber Will Stamp and decided to make them into Matchbook treats. (Wendy, Thank you so much for the inspiration! I know the kids will love them! My kids sure do:) They were simple to make, but a little time consuming as I cut out the excavator tops and put them on using Stampin' Dimensionals©.

 
The base was simple to make. I used a 8 1/2 x 3" piece of card stock, scored at 1/2", 4 1/2" & 4 3/4". I folded the bottom and stapled in the bottom of the M&M's pack. Then I wrapped ribbon around the bottom to hide the staple. You can actually get 3 of these out of one 8 1/2 x 11" piece of card stock!


 
Though there are only 10 pictured, I actually made 60 of these! I love the way they turned out:)


Supplies Used:

Stamps: I Dig You
Paper: Real Red & Whisper White card stock
Ink: Daffodil Delight, & Jet Black StazOn
Other: Owl punch, Silver Mini Brads & regular Silver brads & Stampin' Dimensionals©

Thanks so much for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

 


3 comments:

  1. Julie you did such a AMAZING job on those Valentine's Day cards. I know your sons are very thankful that you took the time to make them. Thanks for sharing, they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!