Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daydream Medallions Birthday

Happy Saturday Stamp Friends!

Today I would like to share a card that I made using the Daydream Medallions stamp set. This is another one of my favorite stamp sets from the current catalog.

As I do with most of my cards, I chose the Designer Series Paper first. Then I pulled out all of the coordinating colors of card stock and my scraps (I used to just let them pile up, but now I actually use them:) along with the stamp sets I wanted to use. I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the Baja Breeze layer at the top and I used the DSP at the bottom. I separated it using the 1/2" stitched grosgrain ribbon. I stamped my images and cut them out using the Floral Frames & Itty Bitty Banners framelits. I didn't want the card to be too bulky, so I only put dimensionals behind the white center of the flower and behind the sentiment. I finished it with some Basic Rhinestones.


Supplies Used-

Stamps:
Daydream Medallions, Lacy & Lovely, & Itty Bitty Banners

Paper:
Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Whisper White & Floral District DSP

Ink:
Rich Razzleberry & Baja Breeze

Other:
Big Shot & Floral Frames & Bitty Banners Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Punches (1- 3/8” & 1” Circle), ¼” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones & Stampin’ Dimensionals©


What do you think?

Today I will be taking my boys to my nieces' party at Chuck E. Cheese. I'm hoping the weather will hold out. I've heard from a couple different people that we're suppose to get some nasty storms with high winds. Hopefully it will hold off until after the party.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Julie :-) I like how you pick your DSP first then design the card around it. I am going to have to try that. I always start with the stamp set I want to work with first. I am going to try it your way and see what I come up with. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!