Monday, August 22, 2011

Extreme Guitar Birthday Card

Good morning!

Today I would like to share a card that I made for my 16-year old nephew. I had originally planned to make a card with this stamp using a polished stone background, but I wound up not having the Real Red re-inker. (Can you believe it? I don't have Real Red? Oh boy!) Anyway, just to get an idea of what it would have looked like, I dipped the cotton ball in the top of my ink pad and then adding a couple drops of Pacific Point with alcohol. Once I started dabbing it on the Glossy White card stock, it just looked too dark to me. I decided to do something else. I was already late with his card. His birthday was while I was away at the Convention. I just decided to go with my favorite colors...the "Brights Collection"! I just stamped the background images randomly and then stamped the guitarist in the middle. I used the "You Rock" stamp from the Just Jawing stamp set, which is now retired. I then made a layer behind it and curled it up on the end just using my finger.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Extreme Elements, Extreme Guitar (retired) & Just Jawing (retired)
Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Real Red, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie & Daffodil Delight
Other: Black Flourishes rhinestones (retired) & Stampin' Dimensionals

I also have more (yes, more! I will actually have one more batch after these.) Convention Swaps to share.

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of the Blossom Boquet punch. I thought this card was really pretty.

(Cindy R.)

And I love the way this artist used the punch for a beautiful border.

(Laura H.)

This card is an MDS Hybrid card. The only thing on this card that's not MDS, is the flower tops, which were done with the Blossom Boquet punch & the centers, which were punched from the Itty Bitty punch pack. How cool is that?

(Cathy C.)

The next card was made using the Scallop Square punch. I thought this was really cool, because this artist demonstrated a way to conserve card stock. She actually punched her scalloped squares using the card stock from the background paper. I do this whenever I can:)


And here's the back of the layer, showing you how she conserved card stock.

(Robbie Cox)

This card is so pretty and I love all of the details. The background is beautiful, I love all of the punching, dies, & the colors are so pretty.

(Sandy B,)

Thank you for the beautiful swaps!

OK, so that's it for today. Tomorrow I will be back with the last of the Convention Swaps. I'm finally getting better at posting regularly and I'm hoping to keep it going now that my boys will be going back to school starting tomorrow. I can't believe the summer is almost over. Where did it go?

I hope you have a terrific day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!