Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

Good morning stampers!

Can you tell I'm a little excited about school being back in session? Don't get me wrong, my boys were very well behaved this summer. Of course I had to referee their fighting and arguements, but they're boys:)

I didn't waste anytime getting back in to the swing of things. I made this card on Monday.


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Choo Choo, On Your Birthday & Right on Track Stampin' Around wheel
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White & Tempting Turquoise CS & Play Date DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise & Real Red
Other: Ticket Corner Punch & Stampin' Dimensionals

I know I promised to share some time saving tips in the past, so here they are! In the first photo, you will see how I store some of my card stock. I pre-cut sheets from each color family and scored them. I used the now retired Forget-Me-Not Keepers and the very cool P-Touch label maker to make the labels for each color family. (In aplha order, of course!) This makes life so easy when I have an event, I can just grab what I need and go! Here's a photo of the Bold Brights family:



In the second photo, you will see a mini magazine holder that I made. I keep this on my desk filled with envelopes & pre-cut inserts for the sentiment. When I'm finished making my card, I just grab an insert, stamp and put in an envelope. 



Thanks for coming by! I hope you've enjoyed my card and have found the time saving tips useful. Have a wonderful day!!!


4 comments:

  1. I love your card and the time savers!! You know your idea inspired me to buy several of the keepers before they retired to do this very same thing!!!

    Have a gret day!!!
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie-great to see you on my blog thanks for the Happy Birthday! Love what your'e making around here!! :> Love this choo choo card! Toodles!-Angela Timms

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip with the card stock! it is surely a time saver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to precut the cardstock for the card bases! How many times have I cut the base in one color and change my mind??? It would be much easier just to have some I can grab from.

    Also, this card is just Adorable. I wish I had a toddler to recreate it for ;)

    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I'll be following along on yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!